Normally, I’m all about quality of product rather than appearances but every so often that gets turned on its head. Take this set called “The Art of Tea” which was bought in South Africa. I’ve been reluctant to actually use any of the product inside but the primary motivation for buying this set was the attractive packaging.
Having said that tea degrades over time. Even though I didn’t buy it for the tea, it makes no sense to search high and low for the freshest first flush Darjeeling with the quickest shipping time and yet keep all of these (including one Darjeeling!) for over two years. It’s getting opened today, starting with the rooibos.
- Kenya Malaika (black)
- Darjeeling (Indian black)
- Genmaicha (Japanese green)
- Jade Mountain (Chinese green)
- Snow buds (Chinese white)
- Jasmine pearls (Chinese flavoured green)
- Earl Grey (Indian flavoured black)
- Sakura (Chinese flavoured green)
- Chai (flavoured black)
- Sweet dreams (herbal)
- Rooibos vanilla
- Forest berries (fruit infusion)
It can be difficult to get tea gifts that are well packaged but this one certainly stands out. I think I paid around 200 ZAR (around €20 at the time) for the box. Good value considering anything similar that I’ve seen here costs double that.